CANW in partnership with BwD carers service now offer support for Young Adult Carers ages 16-24 by providing
• Opportunities to be involved with other YAC’s.
• FREE Social and fun activates and outings.
• FREE Health and relaxation. e.g: massage, physical activities.
• Respite ‘time for you.’ – FREE money grants.
• Workshops and training opportunities.
• Volunteer opportunities.
• Emotional support.
• One to one meetings with a person that understands.
Once a month our Young Adult Carers meet up with Young Carer Practitioners from CANW & BWD to allow the young people respite from there caring role. We do various different thing at our groups, which is lead by the young people to allow them ownership of the group. In June we had a session on Health & Wellbeing where we had a lady come and give advice about how to cope with stress.
The carers were also treated to a therapeutic hand massage. Next month we’re planning for a fun celebration for those who have been completing exams. If you would like more information contact the numbers below.